Minor variance

A minor variance applies to any provision of the zoning and subdivision by-laws, other than those relating to land use and density, may be subject to a minor variance.

Example: If you have only 13.25 meters as a lateral margin when constructing a main building and in fact according to the by-law in force, it requires 15 meters, you can ask for a minor variance. We advise you to meet with an inspector to see the possibility before you make the request.

The process is as follows: fill out the form and the necessary documents, drop them off at the municipal office with a check for $ 250.00. Your application will be dealt with by the Planning Advisory Committee, which will make recommendations to municipal council to approve or refuse the minor variance. The path of the request can take up to three months before obtaining a response.