Status of Municipal Activities
Township of Stanstead, March 15, 2020 – The Municipality of the Township of Stanstead informs the population of the new measures taken to ensure the safety of citizens and municipal employees and to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Town Hall closed to the public
- As of March 16, 2020, the town hall will be closed to the public, this measure will be reassessed if necessary;
- All municipal employees will be required to report to the office to ensure continuity of services;
- The following services will therefore be maintained:
- Taxation: Payments can be made through certain financial institutions or by cheque either by mail or deposited directly at the Town Hall in the drop box provided for this purpose;
- Permits: permit applications can be completed online and will be processed within the usual time frame;
- Customer service: Request can be sent by e-mail or by phone, municipal employees will make it their duty to respond as quickly as possible;
- Public works: The Public Works Department will continue to operate normally.
Maintenance of essential services
The municipality will maintain essential services such as waste collection, access to drinking water, snow removal and emergency services;
The registry scheduled for March 20, 2020 will be postponed to a later date, as will all non-essential committees and public consultations;
Regular updates on municipal activities
For information on municipal activities, citizens can consult cantonstanstead.ca. A status report will be updated regularly.
Public Health Guidelines and Recommendations
If you are concerned or anxious about the coronavirus, or have symptoms associated with COVID-19, you can call toll-free at 1-877-644-4545.
For more information, visit quebec.ca/coronavirus